Like all hotels, we have terms and conditions that apply when you book a room and stay in a TravelRest Hotel. These terms and conditions are detailed as they cover all aspects of your booking and stay.
To help you read and understand them we put the terms and conditions into sections and highlight the key terms and conditions in a summary with each section, but please remember your booking and stay are subject to all terms and conditions, not just those summarised.
Before you complete your booking online with TravelRest Ltd you will be asked to confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Please ensure that you have read and understood the terms and conditions as you will be required to follow these in the event you need to make any changes or cancellations. Please remember if you make an advance payment booking, the payment is taken at the time you confirm your booking and refunds are not permitted.
Please note that if you make a booking via a Third Party (e.g. online travel agent or hotel booking agent) your booking is still subject to these terms and conditions. TravelRest always aims to ensure that Third Party Booking sites inform bookers prior to booking of the TravelRest Terms and Conditions, however, TravelRest Ltd. cannot be held liable if this information is not displayed.
For any in-person bookings or bookings made via the telephone, your booking will be confirmed either verbally or via an email with a booking reference number. This is the reference you must quote when you need to contact the hotel.
Please note that we may amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice and therefore advise you to read them each time you make a booking. The Terms and Conditions apply from the date and time that you make your booking.
To help you with the Terms and Conditions we have put them into sections
This section introduces the Terms and Conditions
It informs you of the Terms and Meanings of keywords and phrases used throughout the Terms and Conditions document
It informs you about TravelRest liability to you
It informs you about your liability to TravelRest
It confirms the legal recognition the Terms and Conditions operate to
This section provides information about bookings
It informs who can make a booking and under which circumstances
It informs you about changes and cancellations
It informs you about when a booking is and is not accepted
It informs you about the check-in and checks out procedures, including arrival procedures and information you will need to bring with you to check in.
It informs you about charges that apply if you do not arrive or cancel your booking this is called “ no show charges”
It informs you about out bookings if TravelRest, in the very rare situation, has booked you into another hotel.
It informs you about charges and cancellations TravelRest may make
This section is about your stay, how TravelRest helps people with disabilities and young people. It also tells how you and your party are expected to behave during your stay and the action that you and TravelRest can take should there be a complaint during your say or after you have left.
Assistance provided to disabled persons:Working assistance dogs access
Young persons policy (aged 16 years and under)
Provision of high chairs and cots
Young persons alone policy
Young person safety
Young persons guardianship during a stay
damage costs and actions taken caused by young persons
Fire protection and smoking policies
Smoking regulations and action taken against individuals breaking regulations and / or TravelRest ltd policies
Damage costs and actions taken caused by individuals breaking regulations and / or TravelRest Policies
Car parking and conditions of use of carparks
Taking photographs video and audio recordings
When is photograph / video and or audio recordings allowed / not allowed
Responsibilities of individuals taking photographs / videos and / or audio recordings
Action taken for failure to comply with photography / video and / or audio terms and conditions
Comments and complaints: how to make a comment or a complaint
What are The Bookers responsibilities for The Customers behaviour
What are The Customers responsibilities for their behaviour.
This section informs you about using TravelRest websites,
How you use TravelRest websites, including our copyright and trademarks
It also informs about your data protection and how TravelRest uses your data
TravelRest Data Privacy Statement “GDPR POLICY STATEMENT” about using a TravelRest website and GDPR
How your data and information is collected
How we use your data
TravelRest children’s data policy and how we protect children online
TravelRest data disclosure and user choice
Other information we collect
TravelRest web security
How you request for your data to be viewed, amended and deleted
About the data TravelRest passes to third parties
About how TravelRest uses your data for marketing
This section is for anyone wishing to bring a pet to the hotel and includes
Which pets are accommodated
When pets are accommodated
How to make a booking when you have a pet
Responsibilities of pet owners, including 3rd party liability insurance
The action we take if your pet causes harm to others or damage to property
END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS INTRODUCTION AS AT JUNE 2019
SECTION 1 - GENERAL
The following booking Terms and Conditions form the basis of a contract with TravelRest Limited, whose registered offices are at 14 Poyle Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3SJ
By booking accommodation online through the TravelRest Website –www.travelrest.co.uk, any Third Party websites with or without whom TravelRest has an agreement to distribute its products and services, by telephone or in person The Booker and The Customer agree to the following Contract, Terms and Conditions:
Please read the following information carefully as it sets out our respective rights and obligations. All bookings and stays are subject to these Contract, Terms and Conditions.
- The words "we", "us", "Company","The Company” “The Company’s” “Company’s” “TravelRest Ltd”, “TravelRest” shall mean TravelRest Limited.
- The words "you", “your”, “Booker”, “A Booker”, ”Booking Party” shall mean the person making A Booking a with TravelRest Limited directly through the TravelRest website (www.travelrest.co.uk), in person, by telephone or indirectly through any of The Company agents, or any other websites through whom TravelRest provides its products and services, whether by agreement or not.
- The words “Contract”, “A Contract” shall mean the legally binding agreement between The Booker and TravelRest.
- The words “customer”, “Customers”, “The Customer”, “The Customers”, ”A Customer”, shall mean the person or persons who stay at a TravelRest premises as part of A Booking. For the avoidance of doubt, A Booker may also be A Customer.
- The words “Customer’s Party”, “Party”, “Party Members” shall mean each individual, either individually or collectively who is staying at a TravelRest premises part of A Booking.
- The words “Booking”, “A Booking” shall mean the process undertaken by a booker to purchase a TravelRest bedroom for a certain period. The process is only complete and booking created after it is confirmed by TravelRest.
- The words “Out Booking”, “Out Bookings” shall mean a confirmed booking that has been booked to another accommodation provider other than TravelRest.
- The words “amendment” shall mean a change to a booking made by either party after the booking has been confirmed.
- The words “cancellation” shall mean a booking that is cancelled by either party after that booking is confirmed.
- The words “Check in” shall mean when A Customer completes a registration form and collects a key from Reception on arrival at a TravelRest premises.
- The words “Check out” shall mean when A Customer returns their key and settles any outstanding payment with Reception at the end of their stay.
- The words “incidental charges” shall mean those charges incurred during a Customers stay other than room rates.
- The words “Duty Manager” shall mean the person managing a TravelRest premises at any time.
- The words “significant change” shall mean an amendment or cancellation of a booking by TravelRest Limited for any reason that is not beyond The Company’s control and that materially affects that booking and results in the booker /customer receiving a different product, service or rate to that purchased.
- The words “rates”, “prices” shall mean the amount charged for products and services provided by TravelRest Limited.
- The words “Photography” shall mean the taking of and use of any and all types of images (whether still or moving), filming and/or video photography by any means and in any media including without limitation digital imaging ("photography"). The words “photography” will also include any taking and use of any audio recording of any type and any media.
- The words “Audio Recording” shall mean the taking of and use of any and all types of audio recording by any means and in any media including without limitation digitally.
- The words “Group Booking” shall mean any booking of 5 or more bedrooms in any one booking.
- The words “Room Type” shall mean bedrooms in the following configurations: single, twin, double, triple, family, disabled.
- The words “Third Party” shall mean those agents not directly owned nor operated by TravelRest but offer TravelRest products and services whether or not they are recognised by TravelRest ltd.
- The words “TravelRest Website” shall mean the web site operated by TravelRest Limited whose address is www.travelrest.co.uk
- The words “Third Party Websites” shall mean any web site not operated directly by TravelRest Limited, but who offer TravelRest products and services through their web site.
- The words “No-Show Charges” shall mean the fee payable to TravelRest by The Booker where a booking is not used or cancelled within these Terms and Conditions.
- The words “Suitable alternative accommodation” and “new accommodation provider” shall mean any accommodation supplied by an accommodation provider other than TravelRest and which in the opinion of the Duty Manager is considered suitable for use by The Customer.
- The words “Young Persons” shall mean anyone aged from birth to 17 years inclusive.
TravelRest commits to ensuring that as part of this agreement between The Booker and TravelRest, The Company will perform and / or provide the agreed products and services with reasonable skill and care. The Company will accept responsibility if death, personal injury, failure or deficiency of this agreement is caused by any failure by The Company or its employees (providing they were at the time acting within the course of their employment). For the avoidance of doubt, it is The Booker’s responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used.
The Company cannot be held liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), for pre-contract or other representations or otherwise out of or in connection with these terms for:
- Any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following: -
- The fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
- The fault of a third party not connected with the provision of a stay and which The Company could not have predicted or avoided
- An event or circumstance which The Company or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not have predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care.
- The fault of anyone who is not employed by The Company carrying out work (generally or in particular) at the time.
- Where The Customer does not enjoy their stay or suffer any problems that did not result from any breach of the contract between The Booker and TravelRest or other faults of TravelRest.
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business, opportunity or anticipated savings); or any loss of goodwill or reputation; or any special or indirect losses suffered which arises out of or in connection with A Booking and A Customer stay.
- Any loss or damage to A Customer’s property within the meaning of the hotel Proprietors Act 1956.
- Any loss or damage suffered arising out of events beyond its control or the control of its suppliers (including, without limitation - Act of God, earthquake, storm, flood, fire or other natural disaster; extreme weather conditions; explosion or other accidental damage; collapse of building structures, failure of plant machinery, technical breakdowns, breakdowns of computers or vehicles; interruption and / or failure of electrical, gas or other power supplies, strikes, industrial action, terrorist activity, bad weather etc…), nor for any curtailment, cancellation or change to any accommodation, activity or itinerary or any other consequences which arise as a result of such events. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall operate to attempt to exclude or limit The Company's liability for the death or personal injury of any person caused by the negligence of The Company or its employees, servants or agents or to attempt to exclude or limit The Company's liability in any manner which would be unlawful.
- In the event of a claim arising, The Booker and / or Customer must provide The Company and / or its insurers with all assistance that maybe required. If you (or any other customer) suffer or are likely to suffer as a result of any breach and/or negligence by us, you must do everything reasonable to keep your (or their) losses to a minimum.
- Total liability for any loss shall not exceed twice the total sums charged for the specific booking.
- No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any right of ours or any succeeding breach of any provision of these terms.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 does not apply to these terms.
Booker and Customer Liability
- The Booker, Customer and all party members commit that they shall abide by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Booker commits to ensuring that these terms and conditions are brought to the attention of The Customer. The Customer commits to ensuring that these Terms and Conditions are brought to the attention of all Party members.
- The Company reserves the right to claim from The Booker and or The Customer or member of A Customer’s Party for any loss, damage and / or injury sustained by The Company, its employees, representatives, contractors and/or agents due to any malicious, wilful or negligent damage caused by either The Booker or The Customer any other party member.
The Contract, Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law. Both parties agree that disputes shall only be dealt with in Courts in England and Wales. English is the only language to be used in this contract.
SECTION 2 - BOOKINGS
- A Booking can be made online at www.travelrest.co.uk or by phone, in person or via any Third Party websites or Third Party with whom TravelRest Limited has an agreement to distribute its products. Please note TravelRest cannot be held liable for any Booking made via a Third Party with whom TravelRest does not have an agreement to distribute its products and TravelRest reserves the right to refuse any such Bookings.
- Bookings are only accepted from persons 18 years of age or over. Bookers warrant that they are at least 18 years old and possess the legal authority to enter into A Contract.
- A Booking will be subject to availability at the time it is confirmed.
- A Booking is personal to The Booker and they are responsible for it at all times, including before, during and after A Customer’s stay. When making A Booking, The Booker must not attempt to use any name other than their own. A Booking made on someone else's behalf must state the correct name of each Customer. The Booker is responsible for ensuring that any Customer in A Booking complies with these Terms and Conditions as if that Customer had made The Booking. A Booking must not be resold or transferred (in whole or in part). Any attempt to do so by A Booker (or any other person acting on The Booker’s behalf) will be considered a terminable breach of this Contract and accordingly The Company retains the right to cancel any Booking and hold any money paid in relation to that Booking. The Company may also refuse to take any further Bookings from that Booker in the future.
- A Booking made in person, by telephone to TravelRest directly or via the web site www.travelrest.co.uk and confirmed by The Company will create A Contract between The Booker and TravelRest subject to these Terms and Conditions. Bookings made via Third Parties are subject to these Terms and Conditions and any Terms and Conditions the Third Party may have in place. For the avoidance of doubt where a Third Party is used to make A Booking with TravelRest, The Contract may not be direct with TravelRest but between The Booker and that Third Party. It is the responsibility of The Booker to satisfy themselves in regards to the contracting party and associated terms and conditions.
- All the information provided by The Booker must be correct at the time of submission and it is The Booker’s responsibility to ensure this is the case. TravelRest cannot be held responsible for missing or inaccurate information. All the credit or debit card information provided by The Booker is their responsibility and should be correct at the time of submission. TravelRest cannot be held responsible for any Booking cancelled / rejected / not guaranteed due to incorrect / invalid details. Where it is a condition of the rate and so stated in the rate description prior to confirmation of The Booking, debit / credit cards will be charged for the full amount upon Booking completion. Otherwise the debit / credit card will be used to guarantee The Booking subject to the cancellation policy detailed below.
- It is the responsibility of The Booker to ensure that they familiarise themselves with any booking process, especially online. TravelRest cannot be held responsible for mistakes or inaccurate use of any bookings process, including online booking systems e.g. www.travlerest.co.uk or any Third Party websites. For the avoidance of doubt, where for example two reservations for the same time of travel at the same or different properties are created, these Terms and Conditions remain in place and a charge will be made even if the room is not used or is a duplicate booking.
- It is The Bookers / Customers responsibility to verify all confirmation details and to amend any inaccuracies as soon as possible via the same booking process / online website that was used to make the original booking.
- Any changes to the details supplied in any Booking should be forwarded to TravelRest reservations as soon they become known. It is the responsibility of The Booker to ensure that TravelRest has the correct information at all times.
- A Contract is only created when A Booking confirmation number, paid invoice or invoice has been received by The Booker or for online, telephone and in person bookings when a reference number is generated at the final step of The Booking confirmation procedure and / or is provided to The Booker by an employee of TravelRest.
- Where A Booking is made via a Third Party or Third-Party web site and not directly with TravelRest, The Contract will be between that Third Party and The Customer until TravelRest has processed The Booking and generated a reservation number. Where A Booking is made via a Third Party or Third-Party web site and not directly with TravelRest any amendments to the reservation, including cancellations must be made via the Third Party or Third-Party web site that was used to make the original booking. TravelRest cannot be held responsible for ensuring that amendments and cancellations have been made and can only take such instructions from The Booker (i.e Third-Party) making the original booking with TravelRest. Where no amendments including cancellations are received by TravelRest from The Booker (i.e Third- Party) originating the booking with TravelRest, TravelRest Booking Terms and Conditions remain in place including cancellation and No-Show charges.
- A booking cannot be made more than 12 months in advance of the scheduled arrival date.
Cancellation / Changes Policy
Should an amendment including cancellation to a confirmed booking be necessary, please note the Terms and Conditions as described at the time of booking and as per these Terms and Conditions.
- Fully Flexible rates – Bookings made on fully flexible rates may be modified or cancelled without charge any time until 12 noon on the day prior to arrival. Thereafter, the first night's accommodation will become payable and will be charged to the credit or debit used to guarantee A Booking. As part of these Terms and Conditions, The Booker agrees that The Company may use the card used to pay / guarantee The Booking to settle any sums due for any such charges.
- Pre-Paid Promotional rates - A Booking made on these rates requires full pre-payment at the time of booking, and the credit or debit card will be charged for the full amount of The Customers stay. Bookings made on Pre-Paid Promotional rates are non-refundable and may not be modified.
- If at the time of booking, the rate offered was based on a minimum stay of 2 or more nights, the full amount of the stay will be charged. This information will be stated prior to The Booking being confirmed and detailed in any confirmation information.
- Any request to cancel A Booking cannot be considered complete until a cancellation confirmation or cancellation reference number has been generated. Until this has been created any Booking will still be considered valid and cancellation penalties will be incurred.
- Where A Booking is made via A Third Party or Third-Party website and not directly via TravelRest or TravelRest website any amendments to the reservation, including cancellations must be made via The Third Party or Third Party website that was used to make the original booking. TravelRest cannot be held responsible for ensuring that amendments and cancellations have been made and can only take such instructions from the party making the original booking. Where no amendments including cancellations are received by TravelRest from the party originating The Booking, TravelRest booking Terms and Conditions remain in place including cancellation and No-Show charges.
- Availability of rooms at the rates shown on its Websites, Third Party Websites or printed in publicity materials may be limited and / or restricted and maybe amended or withdrawn without notice
Check In / Out
- Check-in is available from 08.00 hrs on the day of arrival until 23:00 hrs or until Reception closes (Please check with relevant hotel). Please note that early check in may not enable access to the bedroom until later in the day. Additional fees maybe applied for early check-in before 14:00hrs
- Check out is no later than 11 am on the day of departure. Later departure maybe available with 24 hours’ notice to the hotel reception. Charges may apply for late departure requests until 13:00hrs. Any late departure not agreed in advance or after 13:00hrs, where agreed in advance, will be charged at that night’s Fully Flexible accommodation rate.
- Upon arrival identification from the person occupying the room maybe requested. If this does not match the name on The Booking, The Company reserves the right to refuse entry and immediately cancel the reservation with no refund.
Acceptable forms of ID include:
UK Driving License – with photographic picture
Recognised Student Union Card bearing a photographic picture
No show Charges
- Where it is a condition of A Booking that full prepayment is made at the time of booking no refund will be made if The Customer does not arrive before the closure of Reception (usually 23:00hrs).
- For the avoidance of doubt, no refund is made for any unused nights where it is a condition that full pre-payment is made at the time of Booking.Where a Customer does not arrive before Reception closes (usually 23:00hrs) and The Company has not received an amendment or cancellation as per these Terms and Conditions The Company reserves the right to charge a “No – show” Charge to the card provided by The Booker at the time of booking. As part of these Terms and Conditions, The Booker agrees that The Company may use the card used to pay / guarantee The Booking to settle any sums due for “no show” charges. The No show charge applicable will be provided at the time of booking.
It is not TravelRest policy to operate an out bookings policy. However, occasionally it is necessary to out book A Customer, in the event that a room is unavailable upon The Customer’s arrival. In this situation The Company commits;
- to arrange alternative similar accommodation as near to the selected TravelRest as possible.
- At The Booker’s and / or Customer’s request or if in the opinion of the Duty Manager there is no suitable alternative accommodation available make a cancellation and refund any money paid.
- Where alternative accommodation is booked by TravelRest The Booker / Customer warrants that TravelRest shall have met its obligations under these Terms and Conditions and as such shall have no recourse to bring a claim against The Company for breach of this Contract.
- TravelRest will use its best endeavours to contact The Booker and / or The Customer where an out booking will or is likely to occur. However TravelRest shall not be held liable if it is not possible to contact either or both and where it is necessary under these Terms and Conditions will make alternative arrangements on their behalf.
- The booker warrants that where an out booking is necessary TravelRest may use the details provided by The Booker at the time of booking with TravelRest to make a new booking with the new accommodation provider, including use of debit / credit card details. The Booker further warrants that any misuse of such data by the new accommodation provider arising from TravelRest providing such information that they will not make a claim against TravelRest for such misuse.
- Once A Booking is made with the new accommodation provider, The Contract of that Booking will be between The Booker or Customer (whoever provides the necessary data) and the new accommodation provider. TravelRest will have no part in the new contract and The Booker and / or Customer will have no claim against TravelRest for breach of the new contract by the new accommodation provider.
Changes and Cancellation By TravelRest
It is possible that a "significant change" has to be made to A Booking. "Significant changes" may include the following changes when made before or during a stay; a change of accommodation to that of a lower / higher official classification or standard for the whole or a major part of the time during a stay, a change of accommodation area for the whole or a major part of the of a stay, rebooking in another location /hotel within the geographical area.
- If a significant change or cancellation is necessary, TravelRest will use its best endeavours to inform The Booker or The Customer as soon as possible. If The Booker is contacted The Booker will assume responsibility to inform The Customer. TravelRest cannot be held liable for not informing The Customer if The Booker has been informed or an attempt has been made to inform The Booker. When a significant change is necessary the following options will be offered:-
- accepting the changed arrangements or purchasing an alternative stay from TravelRest, of a similar standard to that originally booked, if available.
- cancelling or accepting the cancellation and receiving a full refund.
- TravelRest cannot be held liable for any amendment or cancellation to A Booking or during a stay as a result of unusual and / or unforeseeable circumstances beyond The Company’s control, the consequences of which could not have foreseen or avoided even with all due care.
- In all cases, The Company’s liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to the above mentioned.
- TravelRest cannot be held liable for any expenses, costs or losses incurred by The Booker and or The Customer as a result of any change or cancellation.
SECTION 3 - RATES AND PAYMENT
- All rates featured on the TravelRest website are offered subject to availability and The Company reserves the right to refuse any booking. TravelRest cannot take responsibility for any rates quoted by Third Parties and retains to right to refuse A Booking made via a Third Party if the rate quoted is incorrect.
- Any rate reductions offered on TravelRest owned websites are based on reductions from the full rate including VAT and are correct at the time the offers are first advertised.
- Advertised rates are per room per night, unless otherwise stated and include VAT at the prevailing rate.
- Rates do not include incidental charges, except where stated, which may be incurred during a stay. Such charges will be payable at the time they are incurred and, in the event of failure to settle them prior to departure from TravelRest, The Customer’s credit /debit card or the debit /credit card provided by The Booker at the time of Booking will be charged with any outstanding sums. Both The Customer and The Booker agree in these Terms and Conditions that either card may be used to settle any outstanding sums due.
- Where appropriate, Rates will be displayed for each single, double, twin or family en suite bedroom type. (En suite bathroom/shower-room).
- Any online rates displayed are not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- Until The Booker has received a confirmation number, rates are subject to change without prior notice. References to midweek rates are for Monday through to Thursday nights and "weekend rates apply for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
- The Company reserves the right to review rates at any time. TravelRest will use best endeavours to inform The Booker of any rate increases, but cannot be held liable if it is unable to inform The Booker prior to The Customers arrival.
- TravelRest may amend and cancel stated product and service rates without notice.
- Payment is made on arrival and all charges incurred are required to be paid as taken, except for advance purchase rates when payment is taken at the time of booking or at anytime thereafter.
- Where a credit / debit card is declined for any reason, the booking is not made. TravelRest Ltd. will try to inform the guest as soon as possible the card has been declined so that The Booker may provide an alternative. TravelRest ltd cannot be held liable where a card is declined and the booking is not made. It is The Booker’s responsibility to ensure the card used to make The Booking or payment is valid and worthy for the required sum. TravelRest Ltd reserves the right to charge reasonable costs where these have been incurred in attempting to obtain payment.
- TravelRest accepts for payment; visa and Mastercard debit and credit cards, solo, Maestro, delta cards and American Express.
- TravelRest does not accept cash or cheques.
- Credit facilities are only available after completion and acceptance by The Company of a credit request form.
- Where it is a condition of the rate offer and stated in the rate description that full payment is required at the time of booking no refunds will be made once The Booking has been confirmed.
- For all other rates, The Booking will be guaranteed against a credit / debit card, subject to the cancellation policy detailed in these Terms and Conditions. The Customer will be required to pay for accommodation in full at check-in. To check out early, before the reserved departure date, TravelRest should be notified as soon as possible. Providing Reception is advised before 12 noon on the day prior to the new departure date, unused accommodation charges will be refunded to the same payment card used on check-in unless the rate paid is a special rate as per the Rates Terms and Conditions above for which no refunds are made for cancellation or amendment. If TravelRest is not notified before 12 noon on the day prior to departure and no booking conditions apply, one night's accommodation charge will be retained as a late cancellation fee, and any remaining nights will be refunded as above.
SECTION 4 - CUSTOMER INFORMATION AND TERM AND CONDITIONS
- Where possible, TravelRest offer modified facilities for disabled guests, with access to public areas, please check with the relevant hotel for further information. Disabled Guests with impaired mobility or particular requirements are asked to inform TravelRest in advance of their arrival so that arrangements can be made to meet specific requirement. Please note TravelRest always aims to provide for any specific arrangements, however maybe limited in so doing by working within any prevailing laws in place in England and Wales at the time of the guest’s stay.
- If no disabled room is available and The Customer does not require a specially adapted room, easier access ground floor rooms are available on request.
- Working assistance animals for registered disabled persons are accommodated in any area of TravelRest hotels, free of charge.
Young Persons (aged 17 years and under)
TravelRest welcomes young persons of all ages.
- Young persons 17 years and under are accommodated subject to these terms and conditions.
- TravelRest Ltd offers a limited number of hi-chairs and cots, however these are offered on a “first come first served basis” and should be requested at the time of booking. TravelRest cannot be held liable if it is unable to provide such items for any reason.
- For security, health and safety, young persons 17 years and under are not allowed to stay in a room overnight without an adult (18 years and over).
- It is the responsibility of a parent or guardian to ensure all young persons are supervised and in safe keeping at all times when on a TravelRest property, including public areas, gardens and car parks.
- Any wilful neglect, disturbance or damage caused by any young person or any young person, who in the reasonable opinion of the Duty Manager is not being supervised or in safe keeping, will be brought to the attention of the parent/guardian. It is expected that following such attention the parent/guardian will ensure that the young person is effectively supervised. Should, in the opinion of the Duty Manager, they consider that a young person is not being appropriately supervised they may ask the offending party to leave the premises. In such cases no refund will be made.
- Where necessary any costs incurred as a result of wilful neglect, disturbance or damage caused by a young person (even if this is brought to the Company’s attention after departure from the premises of the party) will be charged to The Customer’s credit /debit Card or the debit /credit card provided by The Booker at the time of Booking. Both The Customer and The Booker agree in these Terms and Conditions that either card maybe used to settle any outstanding sums due.
Fire Protection and Customer Smoking Policy
TravelRest is committed to ensuring that at all times it operates within all prevailing legal requirements for the Health and Safety of all Customers and Employees. The Company especially recognises the importance of fire prevention. As such The Company has put in place a policy in regards to fire prevention, detection and smoking at TravelRest premises and requests that Customers familiarise themselves with this policy. The Company has in place fire detection systems throughout its premises for the detection of fire and has emergency exits from all buildings to ensure a safe escape. Within all bedrooms, information is available in regards to fire detection and safe escape from TravelRest buildings.
- Smoking in a public building is against the law. Any Customer or Party member of A Customer observed smoking or compromising the fire detection system in any way will agree to stop any such behaviour immediately upon request by the Duty Manager. Should the individual continue to smoke or compromise the fire detection system they will be asked to leave the premises immediately by the Duty Manager and as necessary the Police authorities informed. In such circumstances, no refund is made for their stay.
- TravelRest premises are designated as smoke-free and accordingly smoking is not permitted anywhere within a TravelRest building, including bedrooms. By making A Booking, The Booker, on behalf of The Customer and The Customer and The Customer’s Party agree to refrain from smoking or to compromise the fire detection system in any way.
- Where damage to property, premises and buildings including grounds has been caused by A Customer smoking or compromising the fire detection system the cost for specialist cleaning and the cost of all rooms and loss of business in any public areas affected until it is fit for use as a non smoking environment will be made either to The Customer’s credit /debit Card to the card or to the card provided by The Booker at the time of Booking. The Booker and The Customer agree in these Terms and Conditions that either card used to guarantee / make payment for accommodation may be used to make payment for such incurred costs.
- Car parking facilities are provided free of charge* on a first come first served basis.* Except where provided as part of an enhanced service.
- TravelRest cannot guarantee car parking spaces.
- TravelRest cannot be held liable for any vehicle or its contents.
- Vehicle drivers agree to comply with any notices displayed within TravelRest Carparks as a condition of using TravelRest carparks
Photography and Audio Recording
The provisions set out in these conditions apply to the taking of and use of any and all types of images (whether still or moving), filming and/or video photography by any means and in any media including without limitation digital imaging ("photography"). The above conditions shall also apply to any audio recording in any media.
Photography and Audio Recording are not permitted:
- Within TravelRest premises or grounds, except for the sole private use of the photographer / recorder.
- Within TravelRest premises grounds and/or which include in any manner the "TravelRest" name and logo trademarks (registered or unregistered) ("the trademarks").
- Any person taking a photograph / audio recording acknowledges that the written consent of TravelRest is required for the exploitation of photography/ audio recording at any TravelRest premises.
- All photography / audio recording must be seen/ heard by TravelRest before such consent will be given and the person undertaking such photography / audio recording must agree with TravelRest to accept these Terms and Conditions prior to undertaking such photography / audio recording;
- Anyone taking such photography / audio recording warrants that any photography / audio recording is not and will not be indecent, obscene, blasphemous or libellous nor in breach of any applicable law or regulation.
- Anyone taking such photography / audio recording does not and will not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of TravelRest nor any third party;
- Anyone taking such photography / audio recording does not and will not infringe any rights of privacy, personality or any other right whatsoever of any third party;
- Photography / audio recording will not include any trademarks unless agreed by TravelRest in writing;
- Any person taking and using such photography / audio recording agrees to indemnify and hold TravelRest harmless against any and all damages, costs and expenses (including all legal fees) incurred in connection with any claim, demand, action or proceedings arising from the use or exploitation of the photography / audio recording by the photographer, recorder, user or any third party.
Complaints or Comments
- Any complaint or comment regarding a stay at a TravelRest premises should be made in the first instance to The Duty Manager during a stay so that it can be resolved at the time.
- If A Customer remains dissatisfied, please write to Customer Services, TravelRest Ltd., 22 The Avenue, Fareham, Hampshire, PO14 1NS within 28 days of The Customer’s departure explaining the complaint. It would assist The Company if the booking reference details could be provided. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, The Company cannot accept liability if the customer fails to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
- When making A Booking, The Booker, on behalf of The Customer, accepts responsibility for any damage or loss caused by The Customer or any member of The Customer’s party. Full payment for any such damage or loss and any associated administration charges will be charged against the credit card provided at the time of booking and it is a condition of these Terms and Conditions that The Booker agrees that the card used to guarantee / make payment for accommodation may be used to make payment for such incurred costs.
- The Company expects all customers to have consideration for other people, including other guests and TravelRest Employees. If in the opinion of The Duty Manager, A Customer or any member of A Customer’s party behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to any third party or damage to property, The Company is entitled, without prior notice, to terminate the stay of The Customer and party concerned. In this situation, The Customer and party concerned will be required to leave the premises. The Company will have no further responsibility toward The Customer and party. In these circumstances, no refund will be made, nor any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination. Where necessary the Police authorities will be informed and charges will be pursued where a crime or offence has occurred.
SECTION 5 - USE OF TRAVELREST WEBSITE AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS
Publicity and Internet
Occasionally, changes and corrections to errors in published material – online or in print are necessary both before and after bookings have been confirmed and The Company reserves the right to make such corrections.
- Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in print or on its websites, The Company cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to vary, amend, supplement or cancel any information or offers featured in printed publicity or on its websites at any time.
- TravelRest makes no representation and in no event shall be liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss of any kind, the availability, quality and performance arising out of or in any way connected with the use of any of its website, with the delay or inability to use its websites or for any products, bookings or services purchased or contracted for through TravelRest or its affiliates.
- TravelRest cannot be held liable for any information, errors or omissions, supplied by a Third Party and reserves the right to change such information, products or services at any time. Upon being notified, errors will be rectified as soon as possible thereafter.
- TravelRest cannot warrant that its web sites are free from infection by viruses, contamination or any destructive elements. The Company cannot be held liable for any loss, damage or claims arising from interruption, inability to access its websites, loss or incompletion of a transaction.
Copyrights & Trademarks – Website
- The contents of any TravelRest web sites are protected by copyright, and where applicable unregistered and registered trademark law. Except for providing information relevant to A Booking, the user warrants not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from any TravelRest owned website without prior written agreement from TravelRest. Any persons found to be breaching any of these Terms and Conditions of the use of any TravelRest website will be prosecuted.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
TravelRest Ltd is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In some instances, we are legally obliged to collect and retain your data
(For example under The Immigration Hotel Records Order 1972) we are required to obtain the name and nationality of all occupants over 16 years old, however, in order to complete A Booking at check-in, The Customer will be required to provide an address, including email address. For Non-UK and Republic of Ireland visitors we are also required to obtain your passport / ID number and your next destination). We may collect and process the following data about you, and customers specified in your booking:
- Information that you provide when you make a booking with us such as your name, address, email address, bank details etc;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, including information provided at the time of registration, requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you report any problems with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and for the fulfilment of your bookings.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
Where you provide information relating to a third party, e.g. another customer in your booking, you confirm that you have that person’s consent to provide such information.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is anonymous statistical data about users’ browsing habits. We may also obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookie. Cookies are small pieces of information which are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They help us improve our site and deliver a better service to you by personalising your visit. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, though you can set most browsers to prevent this collection or access. Further information about cookies, including how to delete them, should be available from your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) helplines, or you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org for more detailed advice.
All information you provide is stored on our secure servers and is accessible only by authorised staff and certain third parties such as our online booking fulfilment supplier. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using secure sockets level (SSL) technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and should not share it with anyone.
Transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will try to protect your information, any transmission of information by you to our site is at your risk, although once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to protect it against unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To identify you when you contact us and to contact you.
- To ensure that content on our site is made available to you and your computer in an effective manner.
- To administer your booking with us.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To perform our obligations under any contract entered into with you.
- To notify you about changes to our site or service, or terms and conditions.
- To carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
We may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to provide you with details about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous booking, or if you have expressly requested information about services in that manner.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your information, we (or they) will contact you by email only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the form on which we collect your data. You may also contact us at email@example.com asking us to remove your details from the mailing list.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes described above, and:
- If we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If TravelRest or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
We will never sell your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
You have the right to ask us not to retain your personal data, although in some instances it may be necessary for us to retain your data, even if you ask us to remove it, for example where we are required to do so by law or to process your booking and enable you to make payments, check-in and check-out of the hotel and for your comfort and security for the duration of your stay. We may also ask for your permission to use your data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collection) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website or our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives your right to access certain information held about you. Any access request you send us may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with the details of the information we hold about you.
Privacy Statement – Web Site
The TravelRest web site www.travelrest.co.uk provides users with anonymous access, without disclosing personal data. The TravelRest web site does not enable visitors to communicate with other visitors or to post information to be accessed by others.
- By using the website – www.travelrest.co.uk and providing personal information, the user consents to the use of such information. TravelRest commits to manage information supplied in accordance with the
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR")
Automatic Collection of Information
The TravelRest website automatically logs personal data by means such as programming or links information automatically logged by such means with personal data about specific individuals.
Data Collection and Purpose Specification
- TravelRest website collects the personal data that a user may volunteer while using the site.
- The Company does not collect information about site visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organisations.
- The Company only collects and uses personal data for the sole purpose to process or manage A booking or inform A Booker or Customer about TravelRest products and services.
- Bookings may not be made by children. If you are under 18 years old, you may not make any booking on this site.
- The Company never knowingly collects personal data from children.
- Whilst The Company does not take specific steps to protect the privacy of children who disclose personal data, where it is found that children (those under the age of 18 years of age under these Terms and Conditions) the child will be informed and the booking and all information provided will be destroyed.
Disclosure and User Choice
- TravelRest discloses user personal data to Third Parties for the management of A Booking and the stay of A Customer and Party.
- The website user has the option of using a secure transmission method to send the following types of personal data:
primary personal data (such as name and contact details)
identifiers (such as credit card details, web site password)
- The Company uses security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data under its management from:
improper use or disclosure
unlawful destruction or accidental loss
- All employees and Third Parties, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the user’s personal data.
- The Company ensures that the user’s personal data will not be disclosed to state institutions and authorities except where required by law.
Further information about the personal data The Company may hold about a web site user, booker or customer can be obtained by: e-mail to email@example.com
Other information collected
- When visiting the site, the IP address of the PC used to access the site is recorded. (The IP address is a unique number that is used on the Internet to identify an individual computer for the purposes of allowing computers to communicate with each other.)
- Certain features of TravelRest websites require Cookies in order to function. (A Cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on a computer and is used to differentiate it from other users accessing the TravelRest websites.) These are used so that The Company can ensure each piece of information is kept separate from that of other users of the site. For more information on cookies, please refer to the documentation provided with your web browser software.
- Information may also be collected on the type of web browser used, the operating system that an individual computer uses, and (where applicable) the link that is used to arrive at TravelRest websites. This information is used to produce general statistics about the numbers of unique visitors to the TravelRest websites and software used. These statistics are further used for developing TravelRest websites to enhance the use for all users.
- Where necessary, and in common with other websites, the TravelRest websites use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to ensure that information provided to The Company is not visible to anybody else when in transit between the website visitor and The Company web servers. (It is possible to identify when SSL is in use by the presence of a small "padlock" symbol in the status bar of the web browser page.)
- For further security, The Company uses Third Parties to host the web service and Online Booking System. These Third Parties use servers housed behind a secure firewall that prevents access to The Company databases from unauthorised users. All servers used by these Third Parties on behalf of The Company are housed in a secure environment with high levels of physical security, and access is only permitted to limited security screened staff
Amendments to Data
For the purposes of the, The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR") the controller of all information collected on TravelRest websites is:
22 The Avenue
If a user wishes to view, delete or amend any of the information The Company holds, this can be done by contacting The Company through the web site, or by writing to the address provided above. Charges may apply as per The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR")
- TravelRest will only ever pass on information to a Third Party, without your prior authorisation, where that party has been approved by The Company for the purposes of managing user information and booking processing data.
- TravelRest will only ever contact the user with marketing information where the user has requested to receive it. If at any time the user does not wish to receive such information, please ask to amend our records appropriately (see section on Amendments to Data).
Section 6 - Pets
- Small domestic pets (cats and dogs) are accommodated at TravelRest for which a charge is made. TravelRest offers a limited number of rooms available for use with pets and once these are taken no further rooms will be made available, even though the accommodation may not be full.
- It is the responsibility of The Booker to advise TravelRest of the intention to bring a pet to the accommodation. Bookings made online either via a TravelRest website or any Third Party and include a pet are only confirmed when the confirmation number has been generated and The Booking confirmation clearly states acknowledgement of the intention to bring a pet.
- It is the responsibility of the pet owner to ensure their pet is supervised and in safe keeping at all times when on a TravelRest property, including public areas, gardens and car park.
- Any wilful neglect, disturbance or damage caused by any pet or any pet, who in the opinion of The Duty Manager is not being supervised or in safe keeping, will be brought to the attention of the owner. It is expected that following such attention the owner will ensure that the pet is effectively supervised. Should, in the opinion of the Duty Manager, they consider that a pet is not being appropriately supervised they may ask the offending party to leave the premises. In such cases no refund will be made.
- Where necessary any costs incurred as a result of wilful neglect, disturbance or damage caused by a pet (even if this is brought to The Company’s attention after departure from the premises of the party) will be charged to The Customer’s credit /debit Card or the debit /credit card provided by The Booker at the time of Booking. Both The Customer and The Booker agree in these Terms and Conditions that either card maybe used to settle any outstanding sums due.
- TravelRest cannot be held liable for the action of any pet and it is the responsibility of the pet owner to ensure they have suitable pet insurance, including third party insurance whilst staying at TravelRest premises.
Contract, Terms and Conditions end here.
Published December 2008 Amended April 2019