The TravelRest Website is operated by TravelRest Limited. We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number  and with our registered offices at 22 The Avenue, Fareham, Hampshire PO14 1NS. Our VAT number is [GB 770 6864 01].
Terms / meanings
- "You" means the person making a booking with TravelRest directly through the TravelRest Website.
- “Customer” means the person or persons confirmed on a booking (which may be the same or a different person to you).
- “Booking” means the reservation of a TravelRest bedroom for a certain period. The process is only completed and a contract formed once a booking is confirmed by TravelRest.
- “Incidental charges” means those charges incurred during a customer’s stay, other than room rates.
- “Duty Manager” means the person managing a TravelRest premises at anytime.
- “Group Booking” means any booking of 5 or more bedrooms in any one booking.
- A booking can be made online at www.travelrest.co.uk or by phone on 01329 232175 or 01202 555889. A contract is only created when we issue you with a booking confirmation number as the final step of the booking procedure. No booking shall be binding on us until we have issued a confirmation number. TravelRest reserves the right to refuse any booking.
- Bookings are only accepted from persons 18 years old or over. You warrant that you are at least 18 years old and possess the legal authority to enter into a contract.
- A booking will be subject to availability until the time it is confirmed.
- A booking is personal to you. A booking may be made on someone else's behalf but you must state the correct name of each customer and you will be responsible for ensuring that any customer complies with these Terms and Conditions as if that customer had made the booking. A booking may not be resold or transferred (in whole or in part). Bookings may only be amended as described in the cancellation/changes policy below.
- All credit or debit card information provided by you should be correct at the time of submission. We cannot be responsible for any booking cancelled / rejected / not guaranteed due to incorrect / invalid details. Where it is a condition of the rate and so stated in the rate description prior to confirmation of the booking, debit / credit cards will be charged for the full amount upon booking completion. Otherwise the debit / credit card will be used to guarantee the booking subject to the cancellation policy detailed below.
- A booking cannot be made more than 12 months in advance of the scheduled arrival date.
- Please familiarise yourself with the online booking process. Mistakes (e.g. duplicate bookings) may not be identified by us and we will not be responsible for them. Please contact us if you have any concerns.
- The policies set out in our policy document [TRAVELREST CUSTOMER INFORMATION AND POLICIES] apply to all bookings.
Rates and Prices
- All rates featured on the TravelRest Website are subject to availability.
- Any rate reductions offered are based on reductions from the full rate, including VAT, and are correct at the time the offers are first advertised.
- Advertised rates are per room per night, unless otherwise stated, and include VAT at the prevailing rate.
- Rates do not include incidental charges, except where stated. Such charges will be payable at the time they are incurred and, in the event of failure to settle them prior to departure from TravelRest, will be charged to the credit / debit card provided at the time of booking.
- Any online rates displayed are not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- Until a booking is confirmed, rates are subject to change without prior notice. References to midweek rates are for Monday through to Thursday nights and weekend rates apply for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
- Payment is due on arrival and all charges incurred are required to be paid as taken.
- TravelRest accepts for payment; cash, visa and Mastercard debit and credit cards, solo, Maestro, delta cards and American Express. Cheques are not accepted.
- Credit facilities are only available after completion and acceptance by TravelRest of a credit request form. Please contact us for further information.
- Except where full payment is required at the time of booking, all sums payable will be guaranteed against the credit / debit card given at the time of booking.
- To check out before the reserved departure date, TravelRest should be notified as soon as possible. If TravelRest is advised before 12 noon on the day prior to the new departure date, unused accommodation charges will be refunded. If the rate paid is a special rate, no refunds are available for cancellation or amendment. If TravelRest is not notified before 12 noon on the day prior to departure and no other booking conditions apply, one night's accommodation charge will be retained as a late cancellation fee, and any remaining nights will be refunded as above.
No show charges
1. Where a Customer does not check in before Reception closes and we have not received notice of late check in or cancellation, we reserve the right to charge a “no – show” charge to the card provided at the time of booking. Unless otherwise stated at the time of booking, the no-show charge will be the cost of one night’s accommodation. Any remaining nights will be cancelled without charge.
- Where full prepayment is made at the time of booking no refund will be made if the customer does not arrive before Reception closes or if the customer departs before the scheduled departure date.
Cancellation / Changes Policy
- Amendments or cancellations to a confirmed booking may be made by you, on the terms described below.
- Fully Flexible rates – bookings made on fully flexible rates may be modified or cancelled without charge any time until 12 noon on the day prior to arrival. Thereafter, the first night's accommodation will become payable.
- Pre-Paid Promotional rates - bookings made on these rates require full pre-payment at the time of booking. Bookings are not refundable and may not be modified.
- A cancellation will only be confirmed once a cancellation confirmation or cancellation reference number has been issued. Until such time, any booking will still be valid and cancellation charges will be payable.
- In limited circumstances, TravelRest may need to make changes to a booking before or during a stay, such as: a change in class of accommodation for the whole or a part of a stay, a change of accommodation area for the whole or a part of a stay or an out-booking (see below).
- If such a change is necessary, TravelRest will use all reasonable endeavours to notify you (or the customer) as soon as possible. You assume responsibility for informing other customers in your booking. The following options will be offered:
- accepting the changed arrangements or purchasing an alternative stay from TravelRest, of a similar standard to that originally booked, if available.
- accepting the cancellation and receiving a full refund.
- TravelRest will not be liable for any amendment or cancellation to a booking or for any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you or other customers in your booking caused by events outside its reasonable control.
1. TravelRest operates an out bookings policy only where necessary in the event that a room is unavailable upon the customer’s arrival. In this situation, we commit:
- To arrange alternative similar accommodation as near to the selected TravelRest as possible or, at the customer’s request or where in the Duty Manager’s opinion there is no suitable alternative accommodation available, make a cancellation and refund in full any money paid.
- Where suitable alternative accommodation is booked by TravelRest, the customer agrees that TravelRest shall have met its obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- TravelRest will use all reasonable endeavours to contact the customer where an out booking will, or is likely to, occur. However, if it is not possible to contact the customer and where it is necessary, TravelRest will make alternative arrangements on their behalf.
- Where an out booking is necessary, TravelRest may use the details provided at the time of booking to make a new booking with the new accommodation provider, including use of debit / credit card details.
- TravelRest seeks to provide all customers with an enjoyable stay and to perform its obligations with reasonable skill and care. If, however, you are unhappy with any aspect of your stay, in the first instance please speak to the Duty Manager, who will seek to resolve any complaint at that time. If you remain unsatisfied, please write to Customer Services at the address above, providing as much information as possible about the complaint/issue.
- Our total liability for any other loss is limited to twice the total sums payable for the specific booking. We shall not be liable for any losses other than for breach of contract or statutory duty or negligence by TravelRest and which were not reasonably foreseeable to you and us at the time a contract was made.
- Our liability for loss of or damage to any customer’s property may be subject to additional limitations as described in notices placed at the hotel, in accordance with the Hotel Proprietor’s Act 1956.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall operate to exclude or limit TravelRest's liability for the death or personal injury of any person caused by the negligence of TravelRest or for any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded as a matter of law.
- You agree that TravelRest may charge you any costs it incurs if you or any customer in your booking smoke in breach of our smoking policy [TRAVELREST CUSTOMER INFORMATION AND POLICIES] or cause damage to its property including costs for cleaning or repair and for any period that the room is unusable. You agree that TravelRest may charge this amount to the card used for making the booking.
- TravelRest shall not be liable for any delay in performing, or failure to perform, its obligations under any contract caused by any event outside its reasonable control including, without limitation, any act of God, adverse weather conditions, natural disaster, flood, storm, fire, earthquake, act of terrorism, strike, failure of utilities, computer failures, war, civil commotion, theft, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental rule, order, regulation or direction, accident, failure or breakdown of plant, mailing, systems or vehicles.
Consumer’s Statutory Rights
1. If any of these Terms and Conditions conflict with your statutory rights, then your statutory rights shall prevail over these Terms and Conditions. For more information on consumer statutory rights, see www.consumerdirect.gov.uk.
1. No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any right of ours or any succeeding breach of any provision of these terms.
2. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 does not apply to these terms.
1. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law. Both parties agree that disputes shall be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales.